Sunday, October 3, 2010

Just in time ...

It's been a dry August and September. When we were working in the gardens, Tim remarked about how dry the soil was. The brook was one step above a trickle.  I could walk in the brook without having the water come over my garden shoes.

Remember the stream bed recovery project?  The one just finished? The rain coming up from the south finally arrived on Thursday and Friday.  Mostly Friday.  The water in the creek rose by more than a foot.



and then spread out into the new, wider, deeper channel.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! That is incredible. Looks like I know what we have to do next visit.
    I'm excited to bush-hog the brook. hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trash shrub growing into the brook that we tried to pull out? I remembered we hadn't finished that. Well, a drywall saw is completely worthless. Had to get the real saw. Since the branches were dragging in the brook after we messed with it, I'm glad I got it cut.

    ReplyDelete