Monday, May 14, 2012

Baby robins!!

Well, the time has come, and these pictures are not wonderful. I've been fooling around with my "camera studio" (stepladder, footstool, books of various thicknesses, whether the ceiling light should be on. etc). I want to get the camera positioned so that I don't have to frame the picture every time, which is about how long it takes Mama Robin to fly away. I forgot that I was taking pictures through glass and plexiglass, hence the reflections.  Then I opened the house door, so there's only the plexiglass on the storm door to worry about.

Mama has been perched higher on the nest the last few days and I thought she was setting on something bigger than eggs. 




Then I saw Mama peering into the nest in a new way. 



Then she got curious about something (and promptly flew away). 



Then she returned with something in her mouth. No doubt delicious. The camera wasn't ready and she flew away.  But the little tummies weren't satisfied!!

No comments:

Post a Comment