Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Residency is done for 2012

Every year Sophia and I think that Residency will be more "automatic", and less intense.  It never is.  Nothing bad happened, but this year we had two programs to manage, and that was intense indeed.  No stories worth telling, except for the annual awards. You may remember last year's award, which I got because I was spied taking a nap in a hallway.  This year it was about the weather. Last Tuesday we were leaving one of the campus buildings for the dining hall and the skies opened. 

We waited for the initial cloudburst to end but then it morphed into a steady rain, and my umbrella was in the car. We had to cross a sizeable courtyard/plaza to get to the dining hall.  I had an honor society initiation to conduct after dinner and did not want to look like a drowned rat. 

At the entrance to the larger campus buildings we have 8-foot tables with water setups so people can refresh themselves during the day. These tables have plain white tablecloths covered with two large, decorative square cloths, one gold and one maroon (Norwich colors). I whisked the gold cloth off the table, put it over my head and made a run for the dining room.  Someone there saw this large yellow thing flapping across the courtyard in the dark ...

I got the Flying Nun Award.

The second batch of baby robins is growing fast.  FOUR of 'em.  This morning two are starting to stretch shoulders and wings. Here's the facebook link.

 https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.463999106946318.111309.100000086971614&type=1&l=c59547d7ad

And here are two of the best flower pictures I've ever taken.  Absolutely no image "improvement" except for resizing to making uploading easier.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you Betsy Mama! It's nice to hear you survived the mad summer crush at school, and I really love the flying nun story, I could just picture you with that table on your head! Flower pics are very perty too, you know I think there can never be enough pretty flower pictures in the world :-)
    xo
    -A-

    ReplyDelete