Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving

For all the blessings I have received, I am truly thankful:

... for a job  ... that drives me crazy and wears me out but continues to challenge me to give my best, and continues to give me great satisfaction

... for my sweet sons, who keep including me in their lives, even though we are many miles apart

... for my sweet daughters-in-law, who let me share their lives, and who know what's best for their husbands

... for Alice, whose boundless cheerfulness is infectious, and who I need to see more of

... for my home with its view of the Vermont hillsides

... for my car mechanics (who laughed with me when they learned that the funny sound in the car was the extra lug nuts rolling around)

... for my garden, which gives me so much pleasure, my refuge that lets me get away from the trials of the day

... for the bloggers who give me something to think about every day

... for Vermont Public Radio

... for my Monday night knitting group, whose smiles and warm welcomes are priceless, and whose work encourages my own

... for Ernie, my good companion and Chief of Staff  ("dogs have owners, cats have staff")

... for Celia and Claudia, who deliver the mail and talk gardening and life with me

... for Jeri and Sabine, who are always happy to see me, and who gave me a key to the house

... for the Howards, who will always be as near and dear as real kinfolk

... for Thelma Murray and Betsy Kelley, their friendship, and our Sunday mornings and church suppers

... for being able to live in Vermont

1 comment:

  1. I made the list, I made the list!! This is what I'm thankful for - that at least one person on the planet included ME on their "What I'm Thankful For" List :-) And that's really saying a lot! Number 4 isn't so bad, it was a long list! :-)
    LOVE YOU TOO BETSY!!!

    ReplyDelete