Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wildlife

Turkeys are bashful and cautious birds.  It takes very little to scare them off.  Stop the car to watch them foraging in a snowy cornfield and when the lookout sees you, they're gone.

But every now and then you see a strange lump in a tree, and that's probably a turkey.  This was across the road, and there were 3 or 4 more on the ground. I was sure that the noise I made getting the deck door unfrozen would be my undoing, but no.


Then my neighbor let the dogs out.  These were lucky photos.  Click to make bigger.

Speaking of wildlife, more or less, I am going to have LOBSTER for New Year's Eve.  The local grocery has chicken lobsters for $4.99/# starting tomorrow at 8 am.  I will be there to open the doors.  I cannot remember the last time I had lobster.

1 comment: