Sunday, December 19, 2010

Yes, I do have a Christmas tree

I purchased it from a dance partner, and picked it up Saturday, at the Montpelier contradance. We got it in the car (an 8’ tree fits snugly in the car, with the top leaning over my shoulder in the front seat). I realized when getting it out that the way to saw off that magic 1" of trunk is to leave it in the car, because the car is just the right height for that kind of sawing!

I should have got it into the house first thing Sunday, so that the tree branches would relax, but I wasn’t that smart at 7 am, so tree decorating is proceeding slowly. Packing the boxes for mailing Monday and Tuesday has had to take precedence. But here’s a start.



Ernie says “I am not sleeping on your chair. I’m sleeping on your knitting bag and a pillow.”

(If the picture color is weird, blame the new monitor ....)

1 comment:

  1. Well, the angel at the top looks nice! Hello, Ernie! Wait until you see what you can sit on for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete