Monday, February 28, 2011

Quiet too long

Gee, Feb 6 was the last blog.

Well, we've had weather. And the last couple of weeks at work have been frenzied.  It's the end of term, and we usually have two weeks between terms, but this time we only have one week.  It's our punishment for having had a week off at Christmas ...

So it's been work work work and shovel shovel shovel.



Then we got 4 more inches after I shovelled the walk to the porch.  Next is a "fooled you" picture, because snow was over a foot deep out in the yard already and the latest came down on top of it.  But there's still a lot of snow out there.
This is a picture 365 entry.  Thelma's cat Dorie is NOT supposed to be on the kitchen table. "But most of me is not really on the kitchen table", she says.  It's white outside of the window because of the snow covering the driveway and the fences

These are the girls from across the street waiting for their treats.  Lucy (black) loves her treats but is not the pleading, compulsive beggar that Rosie (yellow) is.  I tried to get a picture of Rosie with her "poor pitiful me" look, but I failed.

This morning I awoke to a car covered in ice.  Roads the same.  I worked from home, although by about 2 it had warmed up enough to make driving possible. Now the snow is Whumpping! off the roofs.  Thank heaven.  I don't have to shovel it.

Tuesday is Town Meeting Day, and I will exercise my civic duty (and take a vacation day) to attend.  Meeting fellow townspeople and hearing what the issues are, and voting on them, is important.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I think Rosie's face says exactly that, poor pitiful me who needs a treat right away or else I'll just melt right here into a big puddle of doggy cuteness :-) They know what side of the street their bread is buttered on :-)

    ReplyDelete