Sunday, March 20, 2011

There's hope ...


There was so much publicity about the moon that I was quite excited about seeing a larger-than-harvest-moon moon.  Well, moonrise was a great disappointment.  Looked like any old fall harvest moon. 

But this morning!  This is the moon at 6:30 am! It was HUGE and golden.  Because the house faces west, I see far more moon-sets than moon-rises, and this was far different from the usual pale orb.  This not the picture I wanted.  After I took this one on the Nighttime setting, I tried to fool the camera, using the Fireworks setting.  It was so much lighter, and so much better composed, and ...  camera shake.  Then I read the book, which said to use a tripod.  Rats.  So this  picture has to do. 
The snow is melting, slowly, which is OK because the sump pump is keeping the basement water to a mere inconvenience.  The snowplow pile is still 6 feet tall, but the snowpile by the front door is almost gone.  Look! 


1 comment:

  1. Great catch Betsy! I tried like heck to get a good picture of the ENORMOUS moon as it rose over the NYC skyline on top of our hill, but to no avail...I think my camera phone has settings that may have been just right for that, but they were annoying and I couldn't see them in the dark without my glasses, so I just pushed anything I could until it clicked :-) They came out grainey to say the least. Yours is much better... I hope you remembered to make a wish, you know it's very powerful ju-ju during the moments of simultaneous dawn and moon set, so take advantage of those when you can! Thanks for sharing your view of that incredible moon with us, next time I'll read the darn manual :-)

    Love, -A-

    ReplyDelete