Sunday, November 27, 2011

When I was sick and lay abed

I had three pillows at my head
And all my toys beside me lay
To keep me happy all the day.

     -- "The Pleasant Land of Counterpane", Robert Lewis Stephenson

Only two pillows. And sadly, the toys are not beside me, except for a book ("The Tiger's Wife", which I highly recommend). The computer, on which I am typing now, is in the next room. Obviously, the stove, source of Breathe EasyTea, is in the kitchen. And the woodstove, source of wonderfully cozy heat, is not in the bedroom either.

This is a pity party post.  Saturday night I excused myself early from an evening with friends because this Horrendous Cold hit me upside the head, in the course of about an hour, complete with a fever, a sore throat, and a compelling urge to go to bed.  I got a chill earlier in the week, and for me, the outcome is almost always a bad cold.

Today was going to be the day to work around the house, do some picking up, and get out the Christmas decorations.  Instead I slept late, missed my morning coffee with Thelma, and have had TWO serious naps. At 2:11 pm, I am still in flannel pj pants, a turtleneck and sweater and neckwarmer, and my bathrobe.  I did order the photo Christmas cards, though.

Poor pitiful me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey good idea, put on some Linda Ronstadt and sing along, you'll feel better in no time. Poor poor pitiful you :-)
    LOTS of tea and honey...and lots of rest for the weary... we need you better for Christmas!
    Love you Mama <3
    xo
    -A-

    ReplyDelete